Forever New Clothing UK Limited trading as Forever New (Forever New) is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who shops or interacts with us. This policy sets out our commitment to you on privacy.
Forever New abides by the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For the purposes of the GDPR, Forever New acts as a data controller of personal information.
Forever New may collect personal nformation about you in store, online through our websites and using our Forever New social media accounts, apps and pages
Collecting personal information
Forever New may collect personal information from you including your name, address, age, date of birth, phone and other contact details, occupation, email address, merchandise information, method of payment (including credit card information) and any other information you provide to us. Forever New may also collect transaction information relating to your purchases with Forever New and your preferences.
Forever New collects personal information in the normal course of providing goods and services to you. These goods and services include:
- Providing information in store;
- Processing online purchases and payments;
- Registering an online account;
- Registering a loyalty account;
- When you contact Forever New customer service;
- By instore CCTV;
- Processing credit card purchases;
- Purchases and arranging product holds and orders
- Deliveries of purchases (including Click and Collect and Store to Door, where available);
- Using Forever New social media accounts, pages and apps;
- Processing gift card, PayPal and ‘buy now pay later’ purchases;
- Entering competitions;
- Using of social media accounts, apps and pages and log-ins (which may be hosted by third parties);
- Recording customer accident details;
- Processing refunds; and
- Signing up to receive Forever New email marketing communications.
If you do not provide us with this information then Forever New may not be able to provide any services you may have requested.
Your personal information will be held by Forever New.
Why do we collect your personal information?
In the table below we set out our processing activities and the legal basis for that processing activity.
We collect personal information as detailed above, which we may use to:
Process and complete transactions (including refunds)
Necessary for the performance of a contract, at your request
Respond to your questions
Provide you with information about our products, services and offers
Necessary to pursue our legitimate interest as data controller
Conduct loyalty programs; competitions and promotions
Comply with any applicable legal obligations or handling any legal claims
Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
Improve our website, products, services and offers
Necessary to pursue our legitimate interest as data controller
Investigating and preventing fraud and illegal activity; prosecution of offenders; working with law enforcement agencies
Necessary to pursue our legitimate interest to protect loss and damage arising from illegal or fraudulent activities
These processing activities are set out in further detail in the section below titled "Use of your personal information".
We may also use personal information to customise our services, to provide relevant consumer information and to provide marketing and re-marketing communications across Forever New sites, properties, stores and marketing channels
Use of your personal information
In most circumstances personal information will be collected directly from youabout you from someone else (for example from someone who supplies goods or services to us), we will inform you of the source of the information and the circumstances of its collection, including whether we have obtained the information from a publicly accessible source.
Forever New may use your personal information to:
- keep you up to date with Forever New’s product ranges, services, competitions, specials, promotions and offers that you may be interested in including for direct marketing by combining information we receive and collect about you to better understand your interests and preferences and to provide a tailored experience, i.e. through sending personalised offers or promotions, or offering advertising content. We will look at your preferences that we derive from your purchase history and the preferences you communicate to us (including any desire to opt-out of direct marketing, as is your right) so that we can achieve this.
- develop new product ranges and services that meet your needs and improve our website, products, services and offers by using your personal information where necessary to perform our obligations and improve your customer experience.
- process and complete transactions by using personal information such as your name and payment details.
- respond to enquiries from existing or prospective customers seeking information about our products, your purchase, use of our online store or in relation to any Forever New membership or loyalty program that you have joined by using your personal information (such as your email address or other contact details) to send you information about our products. Please note we may also share your personal information with other entities for this purpose. We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way.
- assess and process warranty and returns claims by using your personal information (such as your name and contact details and details of the use of our products) to assess and process the claim.
- comply with legislative and our policy requirements including in relation to occupational health and safety and environmental matters. We may sometimes need to process personal information to comply with legal requirements, including for the purposes of exercising and defending legal claims.
Any information collected is safely and securely stored and only used for the purposes for which it was collected. We restrict access to your personal information, maintain technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access and use SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details at our online store. The majority of personal information collected is stored within Australia, however third parties that we contract with may host this data in a cloud based system or outside Australia.
Forever New does not sell or trade any personal information collected. We may share personal information with our related corporations and service providers, contractors who help us provide services, and/or trading partners. We often need to share your information with companies who perform parts of our service delivery. This may include:
- Service providers e.g. IT service and software providers, systems administrators, mailing services, remarketing platforms, data analysis; and payment and order processors;
- Companies assisting Forever New with marketing and competitions;
- Regulatory authorities;
- Professional advisors; and
- Any other third party required by law.
We will only share your information with the above parties if necessary for carrying out our business, or otherwise where required by law, necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any of our customers, members of the public or our interests, if the assets and operation of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern, or where you have provided your consent.
Forever New may also publish some of your personal information on our website or social media pages where you have entered a competition or promotion run by Forever New.
Forever New may in turn receive unsolicited personal information about you from third parties or from you directly. For example, unsolicited information may come into our possession during the course of dealing with customer complaints or general enquiries. If it is clear to us that we should not have collected that information, Forever New will destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Email marketing communications
You can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications at any time. To manage your preferences or to unsubscribe, simply sign into your account, click on ‘My Preferences’ and provide your instructions. Alternatively, you may click to unsubscribe from the bottom of any of our email marketing communications.
Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
Forever New may disclose personal information outside of the jurisdiction from which it was collected. In the conduct of its business, Forever New transfers to, holds or accesses information personal information from various countries including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, South Africa, India and United States. The privacy laws of those countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of the country from which the personal information was collected. However, this does not change Forever New's commitments to safeguard your privacy and if required under applicable laws, we will take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when transferred outside of the jurisdiction. We use the ‘standard’ data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
Online Ordering security
Forever New adheres to credit card and personal information being kept secure at all times. Therefore, to help ensure that your shopping experience is safe and secure Forever New uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL Certificates give high-security Web browsers information to clearly identify a Web site organisational identity. This encrypts all the information you send across to us including your credit card details. Forever New does not retain credit card information. Credit card information will be disclosed to eShop World which provides the payments platform on our website to process transactions.
Updates to this policy
You have the right to obtain a copy of, review, amend or delete your personal information that may be held by Forever New by making a request to our customer service team. We will take all reasonable steps to comply with the request, except where it is not possible for legal reasons. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may need to verify your identity before we can give you access to, or change, your personal information.
If you contact us in relation to your personal information, including for access to information about the personal information we hold about you, or to request we delete it, where required under applicable law we will attempt to contact you about your request within one month.
Depending on where you are located you may have rights under applicable laws to:
- request that we restrict the ways in which your personal information is processed by us or on our behalf in certain situations
- object to the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf in certain situations, including objecting to creating a profile of you for marketing activities
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf
- request a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable format
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the other UK/EEA countries.
If you wish to not receive any communications or marketing from Forever New, you may opt-out at any time. Please use the unsubscribe button or contact our customer service team.
Questions – Contact Us
Monday - Friday
UK: +44 808 164 8633
ASIA: +65 3138 5283
9:00am – 5:30pm BST
(Excluding Public Holidays)
Phone: (03) 9859 9111
Address: Forever New
Level 1 building 8/576 Swan Street
Burnley VIC 3121
Updated July 2020